The Township of Drummond/North Elmsley has 5 members of Council. The Reeve and Councillors are elected by the constituents of the Township and serve a 4-year term. It is the role of Council to:
- Represent the public and consider the well-being and interests of the municipality;
- Develop and evaluate the policies and programs of the municipality;
- Determine which services the municipality provides;
- Ensure that administrative policies, practices and procedures and controllership policies, practices and procedures are in place to implement the decisions of council;
- Ensure the accountability and transparency of the operations of the municipality, including the activities of the senior management of the municipality;
- Maintain the financial integrity of the municipality; and
- Carry out the duties of council that are set out by various pieces of legislation.